There Is Only War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To forum has been built primarily to discuss the upcoming games days for a small band of gamers. We will see what happens from there.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

CSM with Eldar head.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Angus

Angus

CSM with Eldar head. Empty
PostSubject: CSM with Eldar head.   CSM with Eldar head. EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 12:01 am

Thanks again Chris for the eldar heads.

Michael sorry I have not called you yet but with uni holidays etc I just havent been there!

Anyway this is my first basic troop marine with an eldar head.

It really does capture perfectly the patrician yet evil look I wanted to capture.

At first I was worried that the armour looked "to big" for the head. But when holding the head up to a standard helmet I realised that this would really be the biggest head possible that would fit in! I came to the conclusion that the reality is that any real body parts would be dwarfed by a real suit of power armour. I think thats why A lot of other forums refer to "rea scale" and "heroic scale".

It also makes me feel really good about my choice of wood elf heads (ordered and paid for) for some upcoming miniatures.

Ill keep this thread open with some updates on the mini.

CSM with Eldar head. Marine10
Back to top Go down
http://www.brisbanefishing.com.au
Angus

Angus

CSM with Eldar head. Empty
PostSubject: Re: CSM with Eldar head.   CSM with Eldar head. EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 1:00 am

Regretfully this photo doesnt do this justice. Lips etc look much sharper in real life. Need a netter camera.

I actually had a scary thought that I had made a mistake.

Mistake being planned an army involving lots of helmetless marines and daemons etc. Why is this a mistake? What if I was absoutely shocking at facial details etc!

Anyway I am really happy with how my first little experiment worked out.

CSM with Eldar head. Marine11
Back to top Go down
http://www.brisbanefishing.com.au

CSM with Eldar head.
Page 1 of 1