There Is Only War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To forum has been built primarily to discuss the upcoming games days for a small band of gamers. We will see what happens from there.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Jules' Blood Angels Army

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jules

Jules

Jules' Blood Angels Army Empty
PostSubject: Jules' Blood Angels Army   Jules' Blood Angels Army EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 7:52 pm

A selection of Photos with comments follows.

There may be some mild overlap with the content in the "Conversions" topic where the converted minatures are discussed in more detail.

I will probably not have the time to paint anything more, let alone finish painting all of the minitures i have (eg to complete squads). On game day i might have to run with some unpainted models to complete squads.

On a related note, while i'm quite attached to this army based on time & money spent so far (mainly in high school over 10 years ago) if someone were to offer to buy the army for the right price i would have to seriously consider it.

Anyway, on with the photos:-

Jules' Blood Angels Army Whirlw10

Whirlwind & Rhino.

Last edited by Jules on Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jules

Jules

PostSubject: Re: Jules' Blood Angels Army   Jules' Blood Angels Army EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 7:54 pm

Jules' Blood Angels Army Dredna14

Dreadnaught trifecta

(2 converted dreadnaughts discussed in "Conversions" with better pics.)
Back to top Go down
Jules

Jules

PostSubject: Re: Jules' Blood Angels Army   Jules' Blood Angels Army EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 8:00 pm

Jules' Blood Angels Army Vetera10

Veteran Assault Squad

(5 more assault marines purchased ages ago but still in bits with nothing else done to them).

These can fight on their own or as a bodyguard for Lord Dante (Chapter leader).

Jules' Blood Angels Army Apocat11

The various jump-pack equipped characters with the Veteran Assault bodyguard.

(See "Conversions" for discussion of jump-pack equipped characters.)
Back to top Go down
Jules

Jules

PostSubject: Re: Jules' Blood Angels Army   Jules' Blood Angels Army EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 8:07 pm

Jules' Blood Angels Army Assass10

Imperial Assassins.

An idea for a conversion would be an Vindicare Assassin (sniper) in firing pose with a full yowie suit on his back (presumably made from hessian, flock, string etc.) and disruptive-pattern camo on his front and weapon with very little in the way of highlights, equipment shine etc. (ie the antithesis of most GW painting techniques).

Unfortunately this would not be consistent with the rest of my army (bright goblin-green bases, banners, clean appearance, etc) nor terrain boards which are made of the same bright green.

Could be a cool one-off however.
Back to top Go down
Jules

Jules

PostSubject: Re: Jules' Blood Angels Army   Jules' Blood Angels Army EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 8:11 pm

Jules' Blood Angels Army Deathc11

The party piece:- large Death Company with jump packs.

There are more semi-painted and unpainted "death company with jump packs" in my projects box. What the f*** was I thinking ordering even more?!

For more insightful and entertaining comments on this squad see the "Conversions" section.
Back to top Go down
Jules

Jules

PostSubject: Re: Jules' Blood Angels Army   Jules' Blood Angels Army EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 8:14 pm

Jules' Blood Angels Army Librar10

The Terminator Librarian.

In my opinion this is one of the best-looking space marine models ever made by GW.

This guy is the only finished Terminator model in my army (and is generally inconsistent with my jump-pack mobile vibe) but I just love how it looks.
Back to top Go down
Jules

Jules

PostSubject: Re: Jules' Blood Angels Army   Jules' Blood Angels Army EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 8:18 pm

Jules' Blood Angels Army Scouts11

Jules' Blood Angels Army Scouts12

"Git em scouts!"

My "only 2 figures fully painted" sniper & multi Melta scout squad.

For discussion of the multi-melta conversion, see "Conversions" section.
Back to top Go down
Jules

Jules

PostSubject: Re: Jules' Blood Angels Army   Jules' Blood Angels Army EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 8:23 pm

Jules' Blood Angels Army Skimme11

Unfinished Dark Angels Land Speeder in Blood Angels colours.

I don't think even the Gen 2 rules streched to allow these weapon conbinations on a Blood Angels land speeder, however I bought the model anyway because the standard (non Dark Angels) weapon configuration was totally illogical with heavy flamer & multi-melta (don't get me started on GW's looney ideas about vehicle weapons).

We'll see if current rules permit such a thing.
Back to top Go down
Jules

Jules

PostSubject: Re: Jules' Blood Angels Army   Jules' Blood Angels Army EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 8:27 pm

Jules' Blood Angels Army Tacsqd11

(for discussion of the sergent conversion see "Conversions")

Jules' Blood Angels Army Tacsqd12

Relatively late in my minature-painting career i decided to stop being such a cheesy bastard and just build up a few standard squads. Around that time i had learned a few extra painting techniques. This new found perfectionis streak slowed me right down.

This is my attempt at a regular old tactical squad. On game day i'll need to fill the blanks with "sprayed only" models because i just dont have any time to finish this squad.
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

PostSubject: Re: Jules' Blood Angels Army   Jules' Blood Angels Army EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 5:07 am

Really pretty shit hot.

I thought mine were coming along ok but after the other armies posted so far I really realise I have a long way to go!!!

Angus
Back to top Go down
http://www.brisbanefishing.com.au
Jules

Jules

PostSubject: Re: Jules' Blood Angels Army   Jules' Blood Angels Army EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 5:26 pm

Cheers for the compliments Smile

I wouldnt be too hard on your chaos army Angus.

Chaos armies are supposed to be ... chaotic.

I always find it a bit wierd seeing very neat Chaos armies on bright green bases with that bright "white undercoat" look (eg some of the codex pictures and some people's Golden Demon attempts).

The nature of the minatures & army backstory calls for black undercoat and a collection of different painting styles to produce a darker, damaged, corrupted & more "offensive to the eye" look to a chaos army.

In fact i love playing against chaos because i get into the mindset of "ridding the battlefield of this corrupt and disgusting stain on the Emperor's property".

On the other hand playing against Eldar is slightly heartbreaking because they are an ancient & noble race (etc) usually with very fine/clean minatures.

Perhaps i get into the story too much.
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

PostSubject: Re: Jules' Blood Angels Army   Jules' Blood Angels Army EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 6:05 pm

No I agree with you (about playing eldar).

Even when I played Eldar I was probably never agressive enough as I didnt want these ancient people to die!

Hahaha.

Sad.

Angus
Back to top Go down
http://www.brisbanefishing.com.au
jeff f

PostSubject: Re: Jules' Blood Angels Army   Jules' Blood Angels Army EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 1:25 am

Jules wrote:
Cheers for the compliments Smile

I wouldnt be too hard on your chaos army Angus.

Chaos armies are supposed to be ... chaotic.

I always find it a bit wierd seeing very neat Chaos armies on bright green bases with that bright "white undercoat" look (eg some of the codex pictures and some people's Golden Demon attempts).

The nature of the minatures & army backstory calls for black undercoat and a collection of different painting styles to produce a darker, damaged, corrupted & more "offensive to the eye" look to a chaos army.

In fact i love playing against chaos because i get into the mindset of "ridding the battlefield of this corrupt and disgusting stain on the Emperor's property".

On the other hand playing against Eldar is slightly heartbreaking because they are an ancient & noble race (etc) usually with very fine/clean minatures.

love the ofensive tyo the eye statement thats what i went for with the dark eldar
Perhaps i get into the story too much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jules' Blood Angels Army   Jules' Blood Angels Army Empty

Back to top Go down

Jules' Blood Angels Army
Page 1 of 1