There Is Only War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To forum has been built primarily to discuss the upcoming games days for a small band of gamers. We will see what happens from there.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My first real conversions...

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Angus

Angus

My first real conversions... Empty
PostSubject: My first real conversions...   My first real conversions... EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 6:20 pm

Sisters Of Suffering.

I have decided to counter my issue regarding "Are there any Slaanesh Beserkers" by inventing my not to cheesy unique unit.

The Sisters Of Suffering.

Concept:

Well being Slaanesh I dont see the problem that they have used some of their gene seed making female astartes. To hell with the fluff bunnies. In fact I think it would be an extremely Slaaneshi thing "to do".

How: Well I am simply planning using plastic chaos marines to add with green stuff (this will be my first attempt) some bewbs and new heads.

Considerations: I was originally conderned with the proportions being "to big". However upon really looking at the minitures I dont think this will be a problem. Marines are really under proportioned in the first place I think. I mean for example a catachan jungl fighters fore arm is bigger than a marines arm in armour... Razz

I think a few subtle details will give it the look I am after, namely more feminin and sexy.

* The bewbs of course.
* The heads (when I find some I like).
* Slimmer swords. I was hoping maybe some eldar players had some slender chain or power blades available?

I am also trying to dig up as many of the older back backs as I can as these were notably more slendar.

Anyway I dont even have any of the bits to start this yet but putting the intent out there.

Consider this a work in progress post.

Angus
Back to top Go down
http://www.brisbanefishing.com.au
Angus

Angus

PostSubject: Re: My first real conversions...   My first real conversions... EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 9:00 pm

Far out.

Michael I see now why you went to all that effort to get the Dark Elf female head.

After a lot of research it very very hard to find any decent female head sprues or even minitures worth taking apart!!

So far a box of Wood Elf Glade Gaurds are proving my best bet...

Angus
Back to top Go down
Jules

Jules

PostSubject: Re: My first real conversions...   My first real conversions... EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 10:33 pm

Is there a Michael post which i cant see?

--

That aside, i'm pretty sure that cross-dressing Chaos can only be played if the army's owner also wears makeup, high heels and a boob-tube. :p
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

PostSubject: Re: My first real conversions...   My first real conversions... EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 10:51 pm

Jules wrote:
Is there a Michael post which i cant see?

--

That aside, i'm pretty sure that cross-dressing Chaos can only be played if the army's owner also wears makeup, high heels and a boob-tube. :p

Its been done before. Well minus the boob tube and high heels Razz
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

PostSubject: Re: My first real conversions...   My first real conversions... EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 5:22 am

Slater has thrown a big spanner in the works with this by suggesting female eldar torso's....

I am keen to try this.

I am still keen to try a demo of my original plan though.

They may look slightly bulky, but hey... its frikkin Space Marine power armour girl or no!!!

Angus
Back to top Go down
Rednuts_rock

PostSubject: Re: My first real conversions...   My first real conversions... EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 6:40 am

Haha check out these choppy bitches!

That aside, you could use some of the SOB minis in there as squad leaders or something, mixed in amongst your conversions. Agreed that most are useless crap though...
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

PostSubject: Re: My first real conversions...   My first real conversions... EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 1:51 pm

Yeah I saw those "Choppy Bitches",

Very cool.

I saw a Slaanesh Conversion for them on Dakka Dakka where they had just green stuffed the hoods so they looked a little more "Klan" like. Pretty effective. I just dont know what they were meant to be??

Ill wait to get the Chaos Codex and work it out.

I have found a few minitures I would love to use. But I dont want to get anything just at the moment that will serve now legal use in the army.

Check these lassies out...

My first real conversions... Satyxi10
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

PostSubject: Re: My first real conversions...   My first real conversions... EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 4:59 pm

After a bit of looking around trying to decide what to use for my Sisters swords i realised that the answer was right under my nose...

Searching bits O had recently seen these, Dark Elf Corsair weapons sprue.

Tell me they dont look sufficiently slender and evil!!!

My first real conversions... Darkel10

Last edited by Angus on Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jules

Jules

PostSubject: Re: My first real conversions...   My first real conversions... EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 5:10 pm

I wouldnt write off converting Sisters of Battle models (ie i'm stealing Chris's idea).

they are already in "girly modified" power armor and look suitably dark & gothic. The Dark Elf weapons and other sinister treatments will sort them out nicely. You wouldnt need to go to the drouble of tracking down female faces/heads.

Even if you converted one to begin with (eg as their sergent) to see how it went.
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

PostSubject: Re: My first real conversions...   My first real conversions... EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 5:47 pm

And as opposed to jump packs...

Check these Smile

My first real conversions... Wings10

Last edited by Angus on Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

PostSubject: Re: My first real conversions...   My first real conversions... EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 5:48 pm

I think the wings instead of jump packs will be awesome becuase:

a: Its the Angels Of Ecstasy after all.

b: They will compliment my proposed use of the new Blood Angel miniture Azaroth as my armies leader...

Angus
Back to top Go down
Jules

Jules

PostSubject: Re: My first real conversions...   My first real conversions... EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 6:05 pm

very nice

do theyhave "jets" or anti-grav as well as just flappy wings?

if not it becomes a bit unbelievable (eg like those black & white films of people jumping off cliffs with crude flying machines & crashing into the water)
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

PostSubject: Re: My first real conversions...   My first real conversions... EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:11 pm

Based in the parts disccused + Wood Elf Glade gaurd heads this is a conceptual...

My first real conversions... Sos110

Last edited by Angus on Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

PostSubject: Re: My first real conversions...   My first real conversions... EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 12:24 am

Well the only problem with ordering stuff is waiting. Thats why at the end of the day I prefer off the shelf shopping Smile

Well this has really become more of a bits bash than an actual conversion, but if it gets the result I want who cares!

So far:

Head: Wood Elf Glade Gaurd.
Torso: Still tossing up... Chaos Marine Or Eldar.
Wings: As above.
Arms: Dark Elf Corsairs
Legs: As with torso..
Back to top Go down
Rednuts_rock

PostSubject: Re: My first real conversions...   My first real conversions... EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 11:34 pm

Hey dude just received my eldar guardian bundle an I've got 21 busty beauties rearing to go, including arms and legs if you want em. I also have a dozen helmetless heads in this lot. Add to these figures 2-3 of the female torsos and bare heads at home and things are looking pretty good... I'll bring it round tomorrow. Smile
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

PostSubject: Re: My first real conversions...   My first real conversions... EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 11:45 pm

Rednuts_rock wrote:
Hey dude just received my eldar guardian bundle an I've got 21 busty beauties rearing to go, including arms and legs if you want em. I also have a dozen helmetless heads in this lot. Add to these figures 2-3 of the female torsos and bare heads at home and things are looking pretty good... I'll bring it round tomorrow. Smile

Cool man.

Ill try both options.

To be honest im leaning towards the space marine carapace armour though to ensure its distinctively "Marine". I have also google imaged the shit out of female marine conversions and the ones in proper marine armour with boobs (and sometimes without) do look better. Its funny the boobless ones actually look fine as the armous is bulky enough (heaps of room inside) that it makes sense that additonal Boob armour is not really required but purely for aesthetics. I do however love aesthetics.

In saying that I am still chasing whatever eldar heads I can get (Michael is giving me 4 on Monday) so I can use them on any other marines I get (at least 10 more normal tac marines). This way I can spread the helmetless ones through with my existing helemeted ones creating a good ratio.

Cheers.

Angus
Back to top Go down
Rednuts_rock

PostSubject: Re: My first real conversions...   My first real conversions... EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 4:43 pm

Cool that's fine I might make a female storm guardian close combat squad then, for all my craftworld's banshee wannabees...
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

PostSubject: Re: My first real conversions...   My first real conversions... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 4:06 am

I found much cheaper marines, dark elf arms and wood elf heads on ebay today so battle wagon is out for those.

Will still need to order those awesome wings there though.

Angus
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

PostSubject: Re: My first real conversions...   My first real conversions... EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 9:08 pm

Ok guys.

I dont have the wings yet...

But here we have the work in progress so far.

I am very happy with the pose and scale. The swords and arms from the dark elf sprew really give the sleek, feminin yet decidedly evil look I was hoping for...

My first real conversions... Sos310
My first real conversions... Sos410
My first real conversions... Sos111
My first real conversions... Sos210

Ok things I want to do to improve them.

Add wings!
Paint them!
Green Stuff for a bit of extra wild hair? Thoughts?

And now the age old question...

To boob or not to boob?

I have come to think that boob plates will be purely for aesthetics...

As in you would need some massive knockers to require altering your power armour to accomadate them!

Thoughts welcome.
Back to top Go down
Jules

Jules

PostSubject: Re: My first real conversions...   My first real conversions... EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 9:13 pm

Angus

that looks like a top-notch conversion which has achieved everything you wanted.

I wouldnt mess around with green-stuff boobs on the power armor (other than a 1-off test run on a spare torso) because i think the concept doesnt stack up. As you say, the armor is bulky enough for Dolly Parton to wear it comfortably.

If "extra hair" experiments work then you could do that, however adding hair sounds difficult and will look a bit shit if it's clearly green stuff.

(having said that, long plaits would be doable...)
Back to top Go down
Jules

Jules

PostSubject: Re: My first real conversions...   My first real conversions... EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 9:19 pm

Another idea or 2:-

As women are generally shorter than men, you could grind off 1mm from the sole of each foot to make the female marines shorter.

it would be so subtle that few people would notice exactly what you did, however the overall "female" look would be improved, especially when standing next to "male" marines.

if the shoulder pads can somehow be moved closer towards the centre of the body it would add to the effect (parhaps hard tho).

Giving them bigger arses is probably a bridge too far :p
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

PostSubject: Re: My first real conversions...   My first real conversions... EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 10:55 pm

Jules wrote:
Another idea or 2:-

As women are generally shorter than men, you could grind off 1mm from the sole of each foot to make the female marines shorter.

it would be so subtle that few people would notice exactly what you did, however the overall "female" look would be improved, especially when standing next to "male" marines.

if the shoulder pads can somehow be moved closer towards the centre of the body it would add to the effect (parhaps hard tho).

Giving them bigger arses is probably a bridge too far :p

RE the arses I did get that Green Stuff today so ill see what I can do Razz

Angus
Back to top Go down
Jules

Jules

PostSubject: Re: My first real conversions...   My first real conversions... EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 11:00 pm

Quote :
RE the arses I did get that Green Stuff today so ill see what I can do

Angus

I can imagine explaining that one to family members:-

"What did you get up to this weekend Angus?"

"I made half a dozen artificial arses for a game I'm going to play with the lads"

"Righteo then"
Back to top Go down
Rednuts_rock

PostSubject: Re: My first real conversions...   My first real conversions... EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 1:17 am

Lol after the first time I told that to my parents they stopped asking me about how boarding school was going...
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

PostSubject: Re: My first real conversions...   My first real conversions... EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 4:22 am

Some prgoress.

I used Green stuff to make the hair.

Sorry about the photo quality but I was happy with my first ever putty attempt.

She is not looking like a girly guy now in my opinion but a Chaos Chick in armour.

Ill try and get some better quality photo's.

My first real conversions... Sos610
My first real conversions... Sos710
My first real conversions... Sos810
My first real conversions... Sos910
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first real conversions...   My first real conversions... Empty

Back to top Go down

My first real conversions...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next